Monday, December 28, 2009

Unemployed Missions






It seems every interview I go to ends up being a massive mission that I need to accomplish, usually in a strange destination I find myself looking for the destination like I'm on a god damn treasure hunt.

So last Wednesday I was invited to go out and have an interview with fashion supplier 3R. I did my background research- no website and quite out of town, was starting to wonder if it was just a hoax put on Gumtree by an old perverted man, but I think that was just my imagination running wild again.

About an hour out west I was picked up by a black mercedes and taken to their office in the middle of suburbia. Rajiv the guy in charge assured me their office was only about a ten minute walk from the station...it looked to me about 20 and since I don't have a car- if I was to even get this job it seemed already that it would be a mission impossible to get to work everyday with alot of walking, 3 tube rides and then some more walking. Dont get me wrong, walking is super fun fantastic but when its snowing and 0 degree's it can sometimes get a bit much. I could however invest in a wheelchair which would aid in travelling down the hill, but maybe not on the way back up.

A look to the right, a look to the left- ok office looks decent and not shabby, company must be doing alright.

After waiting 20 minutes alone in a room I waited for this Rajiv fella to come back and get to asking me some questions on how cool I am.

Looking around the room- bags & accessories actually looked pretty funky, I was thinking alright- I can do this, these look pretty cool.

The interview was pretty basic really, he didn't ask me many questions and he was actually pretty sure that I could do the job he was asking, so I didn't really talk much. However I got a bit of a weird vibe from this company- it may have been first impressions, but Mr.Rajiv really didn't seem to have much of an idea about things, which seemed a bit worrying. Going into companies that don't know what they are doing, can be a little bit scary- if not give one a heart attack at least quarterly. I know, I've done it before.

++++Salary offer- surprisingly sounded good, but who knows if it was just words.
Professionalism- er...we'll see?
Location- fuckin middle of who knows where.
Supplier to? topshop, river island, next, inditex... about 30 UK high street retailers all up.

Unemployed outlook: the organisation/ knowledge of the company or owner seemed to put me off as well as the location.

Verdict: Find out in about 10 days, Rajiv would like to see some more bag designs from me "to help my case". ++++

My question to God: will I ever be designing beautiful luxurious things for a luxury end brand? will I ever find a reasonable job here in the UK that I love? Will I have my own brand/ shop and live happily ever after eating flapjacks, drinking tea and laughing merrily each day about how awesome my life is? Ok maybe it was too many questions to start with. Lets hope the new year brings something.....um, reasonable.

Note to self++++ going to have to compromise on dreams to get to the dreams.

Todays pics- more memories from melbourne, photos by me xxx

Love A.

xxx






2 comments:

  1. So inspiring Aysha, i feel ya on so many levels. though... i dont know what flapjacks are.hurmmmM. I'll replace it with popcorn! oh i love popcorn....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm YUM! popcorn is great! flapjacks are soooo amazingly delicious..they are kind of like this gooey slice you get over here made out of oats & honey and lots of sugar...delectable really!

    Yes but I do wonder about the future- maybe a little bit too much! However we can't help it? right?

    xx

    ReplyDelete